November 12, 2007

Stevenson's Adventures

Hey this is my husband Brandon Stevenson, he owns a company called Huntsman Wildlife Control. Cool!!!! This is Brandon's work truck, all decked out in logo's and what not. He is so proud to drive it all over town, and he loves when people look at him weird after reading the truck. ? Don't ask. Business is picking which is a great thing when you start your own company.:) Brandon stays super busy, meeting with companies, and going out to leads. He's had everything from opposums, squirrels, Bats, and a huge Raccoon. He named the raccon 'Robert the Rabid Raccoon' he was a vicious little bugger, when Brandon was trying to let him go. He was also the biggest one that Brandon had seen, he took up about half of the trap(that's BIG) When he was releasing the raccoon, he kept trying to bite him through the cage, so has soon as he got it open Brandon jumped into the back of his truck:) Apparently he didn't want rabies or something.










This was our adventure to the National Zoo in D.C. We took the Metro into town so we wouldn't have to pay to park, actually getting into the Zoo itself was free so that was nice. Neither of us had been to the zoo in probably at least 5 years, so it was fun. The only bad part was when we sat down to eat lunch....Well we were sitting at a table that wasn't in the sun, it was a bit chilly so we decided to move to a different spot where we could warm up in the sun. *Note to self: If there is bird crap all over where you are about to sit...DON'T!* I thought this type of thing was rare, I guess you just need to be smarter than I was. Yup...bird CRAP in my hair, as funny as it is now, it was quite disgusting. Now I know:) The first picture is on the escalator in one of the Metro stations, it looked better in life, but is still looks cool. And Brandon in front of the Zoo with the big Lion. Then the orangatans, they were funny, I think it was feeding time because they were pushing each other to get into the house for lunch.







There's me in front of the sleeping seals. They didn't budge once. Hungry Hungry Hippo!!! Well this was just the litte pigmy hippo, but his teeth are still ginormous.
And then you have this little guy. He's a real Prarie Dog, I promise. He was like a statue, and there were like 30 kids all around just banging on the glass of course. He had great concentration I guess.
Well that's the start of our fun adventures here in Virginia. It's getting really cold here but no **snow* yet, I don't think it's very often they get snow, but maybe.:) We can't wait to come home and see everyone over the Holidays! Have a great week!
Love The Stevensons

3 comments:

Teandra said...

I just love you. Your blog is great, and I love the Zoo. Hope you're enjoying yourself!

Steph said...

I love that Zoo --- it is so much fun! When I was there they had the Panda bears, and that was pretty cool! Sorry about the bird crap - no fun! it was great having you here too --- when you gonna come down and just stay with us so we can play all night long?
xoxoxo

Jeremy Overson said...

Sweet truck B! Way to control those coons! Sara I like your hair dark! When you guys head back home for Christmas gimme a call, I'd love to meet up for a bit!