February 8, 2010

We didn't sign up for...

Snow....snow....and more snow. That's what's been going on with us. We got more than 2 feet of snow and we're suppose to get another storm with 5-12 inches tomorrow. Other than being cooped up in the house, we love having Dad home and just hangin out.
Roxie loves the snow, she thinks she wants to play in it but after 5 minutes she wants to go back inside. She has quite the strong personality, and it's super sassy. It's hard not to laugh when she's throwing a fit, now when she isn't getting what she wants she does this high pitch scream...its awful, but funny at the same time. Her vocabulary gets better all the time, she's pretty good about telling me what she wants or needs. It will be so interesting to see how a little boy will be.
I can't believe I only have 9 weeks left, I want to be done being pregnant but I also know that I'll have to take care of a newborn, so I'm torn. But it also seems so surreal to think about actually having a little baby boy in our house, I'm so excited to see how Roxie is with him. She loves to play with her baby doll, wrap her in her blanket, feed her a bottle, put her to bed-so it will be very interesting.
So here are some pictures of what we've been doing lately.Cheesy girl, don't mind that her hair isn't done in a lot of these pictures. We've been stuck inside so I didn't feel the need:)Eating a snowball, she loved it.Playing in the snow, and Dad digging out the car.
A view off our deck, all the cars that are burried in the snow storm.

'Fyin' as Roxie calls it when Dad throws her and she's flying.Snow angelI love her big blue eyes
I don't know how I got a decent non-cheesy smile out of her.

9 comments:

Steph said...

cute cute and more cuteness! i am sick of the snow too! i find out tomorrow what we are having - can't wait!!!

Andrea said...

roxie is the cutest little girl EVER! i love her little grin...so cute! ugg...i hate snow--i am sorry for you guys! on the other hand, that is so nice to have brandon home :)

that is so funny that roxie wants to go play outside for like 5 minutes...that's how aiden is too. it drives me crazy cause it takes longer to get his snow stuff on than it does for him to play!

the picture of roxie "fyin" is so so cute! and you are looking so cute too sara! i love the pics of you two girls :)

the ginabean said...

I've been thinking about you whenever I hear about all the snow you're getting back east! Crazy stuff, huh?! I'm glad you get to enjoy down-time with your hubby there, at least!

Maren and Blake said...

Roxie is totally her dad's daughter. She looks so much like Brandon. Are you going to try and have a natural birth with this one or do you already have a c-section date scheduled? If you are scheduled, try to do it early because the last month sucks!

Dani said...

Sara, Roxie is just absolutely gorgeous! Her sweet smile and her eyes are so pretty. I am excited for you, you make such a cute mom. Congratulations!

krista jo said...

such a fun update. Your fam is so dang cute :)

I have been thinking of you out there as I hear all the snow reports on the radio...yikes!

The Tait Family said...

Roxie is adorable! When she smiles she looks so much like you did when you were little. I think it's funny how you have the picture of her flying followed by the picture of her on the ground....hmmmmm.....! Just teasing! Glad all is well and you are staying warm. We can't wait to see pics of your new little one. Good luck with everything.

Ben and Jen Clark said...

Wow! She really is fyin isn't she?!! And I can't believe how much snow you guys got. Roxie has so many teeth I can't stand it! She's growing up so fast :(

Lesli said...

It is so sad seeing how BIG Roxie is getting! She is such a cutie! I know I say this a lot, but it's the truth.....I LOVE and MISS you guys SO MUCH!