We gave Sawyer all kinds of time to come out on his own...and he didn't want to. So we had a scheduled C-section for Wednesday April 21st. It was so nice knowing exactly when he would be here so I had time to get my house and self ready. We got up Wednesday morning and dropped Roxie off with our great friends(thanks to all who helped out with her while we were in the hospital), and headed to the hospital.
Everything went very smoothly with the c-section, Brandon actually got to watch them pull him out. He said it was pretty cool. My Dr said it was a good thing we did a c-section because the cord was around his neck. It was loose but could have caused problems if I had gone into labor. We were in and out of the OR in about and hour and a half, Sawyer got to be with us for a few minutes while they finished closing me up then he was off to the nursery and I went into the recovery room for another hour and a half. Then once we got settled in the room they brought Sawyer in to us. At this point he still didn't have a name, I just couldn't commit to anything at the moment:) We decided for sure on Sawyer Brandon Stevenson the next morning.
My friends Michelle and Jenny brought Roxie to see us Thursday it was fun to see her react to him. When she saw him she said "brother!" Then after pointing out his nose and eyes she was more interested in the hospital room.
My recovery has been a lot better than last time since I didn't go through labor and the c-section. It's so different having to take care of a newborn and Roxie. Since we've been home she's been mostly good with him. She has wacked him in the face twice and I think it was an accident but she kicked him in the face while she was getting on the couch today...oh boy. She definetly has her moments of acting out, but she also loves to give him kisses and is really good at finding the binki as soon as he cries. We've been trying to teach her to call Sawyer 'buddy' or 'bud' since she pronounces Sawyer as 'Sewa' which sounds like Sewer. It's a hard name to say for little kids I guess.
Sawyer is a GREAT baby. It makes me realize that Roxie was pretty hard as an infant. He is so mellow and mostly cries if he's hungry, messy, or has to burp. He eats and sleeps well...knock on wood. We love having him home with us.
My Mom and sister were able to come out to help us the first week, it was SO nice. I don't know what we would have done with out them. They are the best, and we miss them way too much. Roxie loved getting to play with Alli and Gama. Thanks for everything we love you!!
Whew I haven't written a post that long in...forever. Here are some pictures that my friend Katie did of Roxie before Sawyer was born and some newborn pictures of Sawyer.






Now I'm not usually one to promote the flower bigger than their face look, but my friend had these and wanted some pics with her wearing them to put on her photography website. I just love her face in the pictures so I had to put them on here:)
Baby Sawyer 10 days old, what a sweetie. After he had peed on about everything there, he finally fell asleep, but he was wide awake for most of the time.






9 comments:
Thanks for finally posting!! I have been wondering about you guys and hoping everything was okay. We may be planning a trip out in august and we'd love to see you guys again. Your babies are adorable.
oh those pics are so precious... Sawyer is so cute. I bet you are the best little mommy! sounds like you have your hands full.
Roxie sure is a pretty little thing! And Sawyer is so cute I could just eat him up. Glad everything went well!
The picture you posted on your side bar of Sawyer is amazing. Honestly, he is so beautiful. I am glad to hear everything went well. I find life getting a little easier as the weeks and months go on. I hope you find it the same.
he is ADORABLE!!! so glad everything went well -and can't wait to talk to you and see how life as mommy of 2 is - i am in the states now -and so will call you soon! xoxoxoxoxoo
I'm so glad that everything went so well with Sawyer's delivery! How cute that Roxie calls him "sewer" :) That is so good that Sawyer is such a good baby and that Roxie is doing so well with him! The pictures of your kids are adorable :)
You make the most beautiful children! Sawyer is absolutely perfect! And Roxie looks so big! She's like a little lady! Hope all is well!
Sara, you have such a beautiful family! Congratulations on the handsome baby boy:) You really do have gorgeous babies.
Hi, you don't know me, but I just had to leave a comment! I'm friends with Lauryl Lewis and found the link to your blog on hers. My son is named Sawyer too and ironically enough I had always planned on using the name Roxie for a girl, we must both have great taste in names!;) I thought it was funny your daughter couldn't quite manage his name because our friends daughters call him either Baby Swayer or Baby Sewer. I think I'll take Swayer over Sewer, or they can call him S. for short like we do! Your kids are adorable!
Post a Comment