February 15, 2008

HaPpY VaLenTiNes!

When my friend asked me what my plans were for Valentine's Day, I told her not much. She was in total shock, she said you have to do something...it's your last hooorah before you'll have to get a babysitter! So then I decided I would try and do something. Because Brandon has been so crazy busy I took it upon myself to make plans for our last Valentine's Day childless.
I decided instead of trying to make reservations at a nice restaurant, I would just make our own romantic dinner. Well...as romantic as I could anyway. Anyway I got some of Brandon's favorites, ribeye steaks; since Brandon is the grill king I made him cook them for us. I even cooked up some shrimp (anybody that knows me knows that I don't like sea food, I had to call my mom to find out what to do with them). Then for dessert I made Brandon's favorite, cheesecake. * the pictures displayed are not of the actual food that I made, but I bet they tasted just as good:)
I even set up the whole dining room with candles, it was pretty fun. Brandon came home with a beautiful bouquet of flowers, and my favorite, gerber daisies. He's pretty much the best husband in the whole world. Right after we ate, it was back to work for Brandon for a few more hours, but it was fun to have our little dinner together. Hope everyone else had a great Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Teandra said...

What a good wife you are. It's too bad your hubby is so busy. I know the feeling though!

Kate said...

I definitely agree with your friend about doing what you can before the kids. Of course, mine would be a nice wait staff for a romantic dinner....as long as the dishes were paper. Should have thought of that last week. Hmmm maybe next year. Love you guys and miss you sooooo much. I keep looking for plane tickets to Washington and dreaming.....

Kelly A. said...

OK Sar-I finally found this website again that tells you step-by-step directions on how to put digital scrapbook paper on your blog. Maybe I am just computer illiterate but Tim still had to help me. Let me know if it works!

http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/

Kelly A. said...

Yay! It looks so cute:)