March 30, 2008

CHERRY BLOSSOM FESTIVAL


Well since we live just outside of DC, naturally we went downtown with our friends Matt & Michelle and their little cutie Rachel to check out the Cherry Blossom Festival. It was the opening day, and we could tell by the masses of people that were there. It was fun to see all the kites that people brought, for Kite Flying day, there were tonz of them! Apparently people were surprised that the blossoms were actually out when the festival started, so I guess we got lucky. The wind was a little bit chilly, but the trees really were beautiful. I even took that close up shot myself -super professional right?:)













We had a really good weekend with the Rattos, and we're thinking of going back to the festival next weekend just to see the firework show at night.
It was such a nice day that after we left the Festival, we went out and played catch and then we headed to the batting cages. We just got a little baseball/softball fever! The Nationals opening game was on tonight, and of course they played our Braves...too bad it couldn't have been yesterday! They are playing them agian in two weeks and it will be on a Saturday, so we're planning on going to that game, we're really excited. Plus they have that brand new stadium, it will be fun. Then this morning we went to our friends house Jenny & Tony's for a brunch with her family that was in town, it was really fun. We love getting together, especially when there is food involved:) It was a good Sunday, I guess we're ready for another week, they seem to be going by a lot faster! Hope everyone has a great week!

8 comments:

Maren and Blake said...

Are you even pregnant? Your photos don't look like it at all! You are as little as can be.

The blossoms are beautiful. I wish we could be out there with you guys stuffing ourselves full of food and activities. Keep active during your whole pregnancy, it will make delivery and recovery a lot easier.

You look good kid!

Maren and Blake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jen said...

So what are your guys' plans for the week? Your pictures are so cool! It looks like it was fun...I wish we would have braved it out and stopped by the 'festivities'. We won't be here Sat/Sun (in Richmond...) but will be here through Fri night.

Kelly A. said...

I agree with Maren! You are a tiny little thing! What beautiful pictures! I am sooo excited to see you in May!!!! When is your next ultrasound again? I am excited to hear if your baby is for sure a boy or not-or at least as sure as you can be before they are born!

Steph said...

holy crap!!! You cut your hair!!! when did that happen? i know why i haven't seen that -- because you still need to buy a webcam so we can talk --- seriously go do it TODAY before visiting gramma so that esp. when we have our babies we can talk for free and show each other our cute kids as they grow, since we no longer live in the same state --- boo!!! i still am sad about that! anways, the trees look BEAUTIFUL!!! miss you -- you should come down for conference or something!!!!
xoxoox

Teandra said...

Your hair looks really good Sara! Your weekend sounds fun!

Michelle said...

We're famous! We're on Sara's blog! Look how cute we all are. Wait, I can't tell from the pic, which one of us is pregnant?

Melanie said...

Hey there Sara-
I had no idea you were pregnant. I was looking at Andrea's blog and saw your name, hope you don't mind... Congrats on the soon to be baby. My blog is boring, I just got into this a week ago. You look so good and I can't wait to find out what your having.
Melanie Humpherys Decker