April 9, 2008

WIGGLE WORM

Well now that I am 22 wks pregnant I have definetly been feeling our little baby moving all around inside of me. It is quite the sensation, and I now know why people say you can't really describe it. But it is truely amazing to actually feel that you are growing a little baby inside of you. I am getting quite a bit bigger in the belly area, and it's fun that people actually recognize that I'm pregnant without me telling them:)
We have our next ultrasound on Friday so we're crossing our fingers that we get some cooperation this time:) It will be nice to start planning for a boy or a girl, and thinking of names. It seems like time is starting to go by quickly, and I can't wait for our vacation to Utah in May. I will be there from the 7th-19th, Brandon is still deciding which weekend he'll come out. It will be so fun to see friends and family! I think before you know it, I'll be ready to pop!
Since I started my Grandma-sitting job (brief description: Tue, Wed, & Fri from 2-6 PM I go and sit with a lady in my ward named Francis. She needs help getting up to go potty, and she loves her diet colas. She enjoys watching TV while I'm there, Little House on the Prarie, & MASH) so enough said I have plenty of time on my hands. I took up reading, I know some of you will be surprised that I would read anything other than Harry Potter, but if you have a favorite author or series that you can recommend...please share!!:) Francis is a sweet heart and we usually chat for awhile before her shows come on, and it's been nice to get out of the house and do something different.
I'll keep everyone posted after our appointment, have a good week!!!

8 comments:

Heather Ashcroft said...

One of my favorite books is "Fire of the Covenant". It's about the pioneers! You should read it sometime.

Steph said...

hey-- so i might go back to utah in may too!!! i found a cheap round trip ticket for $195, and it has NO layovers -- wahoo! chip told me to book it, so now i am really thinking about it! but we'll see! so i will be up there in a couple weeks too! should be fun!
hope you get to find out what you are having! i rescheduled my apt. so that chip can come to the ultrasound next week! so fun cuz with the big screen you can see the baby totally moving around everywhere and it is so fun!
xoxoxox

the ginabean said...

Cool! I'm so excited for you and your little fetus inside you!

Sounds like a fun job you've got there too...sounds pretty ideal, actually.

As for the reading thing...I'm not sure what you're "into" but I LOVE the Knight of the Word series by Terry Brooks (kinda fantasy but GOOD. I don't love fantasy, I must say). I also really liked "The Book Thief by Markus Zusak...it's about a girl in Nazi Germany, and the author is Death. Very intriguing. Umm...I like all the books by Dan Brown. And the Peter and the Starcatcher books by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson are fun. And...the Leven Thumps series by Obert Sky. And the Fablehaven books by Brandon Mull.

I'll stop here. For now. :)

the ginabean said...

Oh yeah...one more suggestion. I LOVED "The Children of the Promise" series and "Hearts of the Children" series, all by Dean Hughes. They are amazing! I liked the "Promise" books better, but they're all a good read!

Jamie said...

you are feeling moving already? jealous! Sometimes I feel weird things, but I can't tell if it's moving. I hope you get to find out what you're having.

Good books to read:

Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow
I loved the sisterhood of the traveling pants books
And I loved The Fountainhead, although it took forever to read.

Andrea said...

hi sara! that's fun you get to grandma-sit...little house on the prairie is definately entertaining :)
i'm excited to see you in may-i feel like it's been forever! all the books jamie recommended are good-- i loved the ender's game series!
and i'm with jamie...sometimes i think i feel the baby moving but then i'm not sure...even though you've had to wait to find out what flavor you guys are having, you did get to feel your baby first so that's exiting :)

Maren and Blake said...

Maybe I am just an amateur reader, but I liked the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyers. It is an easy read. I am not much of a reader, so starting off with this was good for me. Please let us know as soon as possible if we are getting another boy or our 2nd girl.

Kate said...

All of Mary Higgins Clark's books are good. They are murder mysteries but minus most of the gore and all of the bad language.