March 2, 2008

March....Madness??

I can't believe that it's March already! It seems like these last few weeks have just zipped right by me. I'm already 17 weeks into my pregnancy...3 more and I'm half way!! At our next appointment in 2 weeks we are going to find out what we're having, if the baby cooperates with us that is:) Our friends Blake and Maren just had their little boy last week, Braden, he is so cute! I told her I wish I was in her shoes right now instead of five months away. We're really happy for them, CoNgRaTs you guys!
So on Friday night we went to the Blue & Gold Banquet for the Cub Scouts that I'm over. The theme was Chinese New Year....this was the menu: Chicken Nuggets, Plain White Rice, get ready....Ramen Noodles, & Veggies that none of the boys ate.
I was not a part of the planning on this one. But I sure would have loved to hear how they came up with this assortment of food. They called it 'kid friendly chinese food'. The food really didn't work out so well, we had loads of Ramen Noodles and ran out of Chicken Nuggets. So who's ready for a big bowl of tasteless soggy noodles??? Step right up! Oh well the boys really enjoyed it, and I guess that's all that matters:)
Saturday night we had friends over and we did our Fry night. Which included all of the following...Crab Wontons, Wings, Mozerella Sticks, Zuccini & Squash in Tempera batter, Corn Dogs, Donuts, and Funnel Cake. You would have thought we were feeding an army but there were only six of us. Needless to say we were all feeling a little weighed down at the end of our night. But it sure was tasty!
Brandon wanted to put in his 2 cents about Cadbury Mini Eggs. He just can't understand why so many people are obsessed with them. He calls them 'Easter Crack'. So here are the reasons I think people can't get enought of the 'Easter Crack'. Reason 1: they only come once a year. Reason 2: they make you feel like spring is just around the corner. Reason 3: If you like chocoalte even a little, this beats any candy bar you've ever had. Last but not least Reason 4: If you eat them really slow, you feel like you didn't have that many(even if you did eat that whole bag yourself) :) I could ask him the same question about him loving College Basketball and March Madness. But I realize that it is only around once a year, and that's what makes it so fun/exciting/enjoyable.
If you can think of more reasons that we enjoy our 'Easter Crack' so much please let me know!:) I'll probably be blogging about American Idol tomorrow...

7 comments:

jen said...

how about all the fun colors? they are just too cute for candy... and who doesn't like colored eggs? fun, fun, fun

Kelly A. said...

I still want to see a pregnant picture of you!!!! And reading about all your themed friend nights sure makes me miss you! When are you coming home this summer? I want to do a baby shower for you, Jamie, and Andrea.

Maren and Blake said...

Just like Kelly, I want you to post some pregnancy pictures. I agree, the Easter eggs are the best thing that happens this time of year. These will seem like the longest 2 weeks ever as you are waiting to find out what you are having. Do you want a boy or girl? Can I just be the advocate for little boys. I mean, little girls are cute, but little boys are the cutest!!

Dani said...

I have to say that I love my Easter Crack and have for years. I agree to all you have said but I have to add one more...The candy coating is just as good as the chocolate. It's almost like there is a malty taste to them that makes them oh so delicious!

Teandra said...

How about because they have a hard shell and just melt in your mouth! Oh, I need to go buy some more...

Steph said...

i love you, and miss you SOOO much!!! plan to come down here at the end of march k? i am leaving for Utah next week, adn we are coming up there in april, but the end of march sounds good for you to come visit us and play....maybe you can come down early and we can watch idol togeter and have a blast!!!!

Kate said...

First of all I have to stick up for my little brother. The main reason he is a chocolate hater is that all we had growing up was the waxy Christmas/Easter chocolate when all of us really wanted gummy bears and skittles. We never got the really good stuff. I too was a chocolate hater but have been converted and Cadbury Mini Eggs are my absolute favorite chocolate! Love you Brandon, but you really do have to give chocolate a second chance, you may find you like it when it doesn't taste like wax!