We decided this year to go into DC to see the firework show there. Everyone says you have to do it at least once while you're here and Brandon finally convinced me that if we didn't go this year, it would be a long time until we actually did it. So I was a trooper and went :) Even though it was suppose to rain all through the day...and trust me it did. We weren't quite prepared for the down-pour so most the night we were soaking wet. If I don't factor in the rain and waiting in a crowded line for the metro that would eventually take us 3 hours to get home, the fireworks were great and I was glad we went. Now we can say we've been. PS I didn't actually take the picture above but we were sitting right below the Washington Monument and had a really good view of the fireworks.
Also our friends Chip and Stephanie, and Chip's sister Emily came up from NC and stayed with us. It's always so good to see them and they are going to be moving closer to us in September to Charlottesville, VA!! This was Steph and I during one of the down-pours, trying to keep all the backpacks from getting soaked as well as ourselves, we were just loving it:) She is going to be having a baby boy right around the same time as we are having our baby girl. Super fun.I love having so many pregnant friends who know exactly what you are going through or even suffering through...right girls???:) Hope everyone else had a great 4th of July as well.
5 comments:
I think your fireworks trump everyone elses. You look so good. I can't wait for you to have that little baby. I look forward to the millions of posts you will do (hint-hint).
so sick of being pregnant but the end is near. I really feel like a huge tub of water every time I get up, sit down or just walk. Like I'm flopping everywhere. I can't wait to work out for real again.
what a fun 4th of july! (well, if you factor out the rain and the lines...) you do look really cute! and that's really fun that you have lots of friends to hang out with out there! good luck these last few weeks :) p.s. i loved the will ferrell text. sorry i sent one back so late-i forget the time difference
Yay! The end is in sight! I can't wait for that little girl of yours to make her big debut!! And it looks like you had a fun 4th, even despite the rain! :)
Cute pictures! Did any of the ones
Brandon took of the fireworks turn out? I guess you would've posted them if they had...
Post a Comment