So my doctor gave me the option last week that if I wanted to he would induce me 1 week early. After we thought about it a lot, we decided that we feel good about it. So...assuming she doesn't come any earlier, I will be going into the hospital Tuesday the 5th and get induced on Wednesday the 6th. We were shooting for Friday which would have been 8/8/08, but unfortunetly that day was all full....boo! We are getting so excited to meet this little girl, and trying to get everything ready for her.
It's funny because I would do just about anything to have her out of my belly, but can't really imagine being a parent. I plan getting all my cleaning done and having the house all ready for her, which makes it nice that I know when she will be coming. I can wait until the last minute to do it all...yup that's how I roll :)
My mom is going to be coming out right after we have the baby and then my Dad will get to come out the next week. It will be great to have help from her and to have them here with us. They are so excited and ready to meet her and give her lots of hugs and kisses.
I don't know what I should bring to the hospital, so all the people who have had kids, what would you suggest that I bring with us or that you wish you would have had?
To all my pregnant friends...we CAN make it these last days/weeks, lets all hang in there!!!! We'll be keeping everybody posted if something changes, we can't wait for her to be here!!! Let the count down begin for 8/6/08....
15 comments:
hey - 8-6-8 is still cool. Roxy will be one foxy lady, i can already tell. I want to go before you, but who knows, I'll probaby get induced the same days as you!
You definately made the right decision. I bet it is SO nice to have a countdown. I will be flying back to Ohio on that day.
Hospital Bag:
1. Bring your OWN pillow (I didn't and regretted it the whole time)
2. Bathroom stuff (makeup & hair)
3. Comfy clothes (I wore the hospital gown the whole time like Kelly, it was more comfortable)
4. Laptop Computer & camera
5. Blake wishes he brought a full bag for him (clothes, pillow, blanket, etc)
That's all I can think of. We didn't bring anything for the labor portion like Kelly. I just requested the drugs immediately, which you should have if being induced.
First of all I am sooo excited for you!! I promise labor is NOT as bad as many first-time moms think! I am going to give you a list of what I can think of off the top of my head to take to the hospital so I hope I don't forget anything! If you have any questions, call me-I have a list that we used when we packed that the hospital gave us when we took prenatal classes and I can tell you what we did use and what we didn't even touch if you have more questions after this comment. Here's what I can think of right now...
*a camera!!!
*cell phone and a list of poeple/numbers you want to call when she gets here
*toiletries-toothbrush/paste, shampoo/cond., hairbrush, blow dryer, pony tail holder, and glasses if you wear them
*COMFY clothes and shoes/socks for you to wear home. You will still look prego when you leave, so I would take maternity clothes!
*Brandon will want a change of clothes too
*boppy and pump if you are breast feeding
*also LANOLIN, nursing bra and breast pads-again if you plan on above
*outfit, car seat, blanket, socks and hat for baby to wear home
*you might want book/magazine, massage oils to use during labor-I didn't use any of the above but some friends of mine have
*you might also want snacks-again I didn't eat any of the snacks we took with us, but Tim did and I have had friends who get the muchies in the middle of the night and have been glad when they have something
Ok-this comment has turned into a novel so I will stop npw. Please be sure to keep us up to date on EVERYTHING! I can't wait!!!!
So..when I started writing the comment above, Maren hadn't made hers yet but since I wrote a novel hers was on there when I finally finished mine, so sorry for a few repeats!
YAY! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see pictures of her adorable face on here! (Yeah, I pretty much KNOW she'll be gorgeous!)
yay! that's so exciting that you don't have to play the guessing game anymore :) i'm glad you asked about what people bring to the hospital cause i was wondering the same thing. good luck this last week...we're excited for you guys!
That is exciting news! I think I would choose to be induced anyway. (i've heard great things about it) I hate surprises. Hang in there!
Totally agree with getting the drugs as soon as they will let you have them! I was going to try having Payton without them and went all night without. I didn't sleep a wink. 14 hours of labor is not fun without drugs, finally I gave in and then had him an hour later!!! I wised up with Elaina and asked for the epidural right away. We also took a bunch of games with us when we went in to be induced with Elaina. That made the time pass faster and was much more fun. Would definitely recommend it. Other than that, don't forget the outfit you want to take the baby home in and the car seat. In some states they won't let you leave until a nurse inspects it (Utah is one but I have no idea about Virginia). Wish I could be there to welcome your sweet baby! Can't wait to see her in December in real life and lots of pictures until then. Love you guys! Good luck!
Oh, forgot one thing. The lanolin your friend talked about is called Lansinoh. You can find it by the nursing pads in any Walmart. It is in a purple box. Use it liberally even before you are sore and hopefully you won't get sore (I would even start using it now). It is nice because you don't even have to wipe it off before breastfeeding. Call me if you have any questions!
The books "Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" and "What to Expect When You're Expecting" both have great lists of things to take to the hospital. They always mention comfy socks. Which was probably mentioned above. Of course I will probably be asking the same advice as you come January so remember what you took with you and what you wish you would have!! Good luck!! What do you want to name her? If you don't have a name picked out you could take a baby names book.
The books "Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" and "What to Expect When You're Expecting" both have great lists of things to take to the hospital. They always mention comfy socks. Which was probably mentioned above. Of course I will probably be asking the same advice as you come January so remember what you took with you and what you wish you would have!! Good luck!! What do you want to name her? If you don't have a name picked out you could take a baby names book.
I second the person that said bring your own pillow and one for Brandon. Good thinking! I also second the lansinoh, but they would probably have a free sample of that at the hospital.
so...I have no advice in this area due to lack of experience, but I just wanted to say yay! and good luck with everything!
pretty nice to have it all planned i guess -- altho my little surprise of if i will wake up in the night contracting it out and have to jet to the hospital gives me a thrill tooo ---- so cannot believe how soon these little ones are going to make it into the world. i am back to bloggin now, so yeah --- we can make it through these last weeks --- i am hoping next weekend i will have him
xxoxoxox
call me
ONE more day and you will be a mommy!!!! HOORAAAAAAY!!! Good luck with everything! Can't wait to hear how it all goes and especially can't wait to see pictures of Roxy! Expect to be the HAPPIEST you have ever been in your entire life! :)
Post a Comment