So I decided that I should write down my labor experience before I forget what happened. So if you don't want to read this part or already know what happened feel free to skip it and just look at the pictures.
When our doctor told us he could induce me one week early if we wanted, we decided to go ahead and do it. We were ready to be parents, and meet our little girl.
We went into the hospital on August 5th at about 8 pm. I got all ready and they hooked me up to the monitors, and got my IV in. After about 15 minutes the nurse asked me if I felt that, I didn't know what she meant and she told me I just had a contraction. I was contracting every 4 minutes and not feeling any of them, which was fine by me. Once everything on the monitors was looking good, they took me off and gave me an Ambien so that I could sleep.
At 5:15 am the nurse woke me up and told me to go to the bathroom and then they would hook up the monitors again and start the induction. The doctor came in at 5:30 and broke my water...YIKES...that was not pleasant. Then they started the pitocin, after about 45 minutes of being on it the contractions were so strong that I had to have the epidural. Wahoo...I was good to go after that. Then the waiting began...
The contractions were 3-5 minutes apart and very strong, at about 9 am I was dilated to a 2. Good, at least I was moving. The epidural made me itchy all over and very sleepy. I had to be taken off the pitocin for a while because the babies heart rate was dropping with contractions, and I had to be on oxygen...very annoying. The nurse told me it was fine to sleep so I did for most the day, Brandon was fine to just sit by me and watch tv while he tickled my arm :) I got back on the pitocen and the baby was doing fine. The nurse checked me at 11 am I was a 3-4...even better I didn't think I would dilate at all.
Finally at 2 pm the doctor came to check me, I was at a 4. He told me now I needed to start progressing about a centimeter an hour. At 4 pm he checked me again...still a 4, oh great. Now he said ok if you haven't progressed in two hours we'll want to get her out. He told us that he could tell that she was trying to come down, she was starting to get a cone head. The true test at about 6:20, the dr asked me if I was feeling any pressure, no I wasn't and I knew that wasn't a good thing. Still a 4...ok he said I'll go see if there's an OR available.
I couldn't believe I really had to have a C-section. I called my mom who was already crying(she had been watching everything on the webcam) she knew as soon as the dr patted my knee that I was going to have to have a C-section. So now I'm bawling my eyes out, and trying to let it sink in. All the doctors were looking at me asking if I was alright, but I didn't have time to be alright. The doctor came in at 6:30 saying we have an OR and we're ready to go. So on went the super cute blue cap thing, and I was wheeled into surgery.
They told Brandon that they were going to get me all set up and then bring him in. I'm still crying and getting nervous...I waited all day to see my little girl and now she was going to be here before I knew it. They had already started when Brandon came to sit by me all doctored out, the nurse asked him if he had his camera ready...oops he left it in the backpack outside. She cut him off mid-sentence and said get your phone out, and look now so you don't miss the birth of your daughter!! I could feel them tugging away, and then at 6:47 she was out. She had a set of lungs on her too, all I saw was the red hair. Now I'm really crying, I couldn't believe it she was finally here. Excuse me, are you sure she's mine...red hair???
Yup she was mine and I instantly loved her more than anything. 



When she has her freakout time this is how to calm her down, her favorite position and she'll stop crying. Doesn't look to comfortable to me, but it works.
When she has her freakout time this is how to calm her down, her favorite position and she'll stop crying. Doesn't look to comfortable to me, but it works.
So it won't let me upload anymore pictures but I'll try to do some more tomorrow.
11 comments:
she's a cute little red head...it was fun to read your "baby story" although it sounded painful! heath says "way to git er done!" that's so funny that that position calms her down...it definatley doesn't look comfy! :)
Look at the hair on that girl. You would think her mom does hair or something? Are you sure you haven't dyed it yet because it is a beautiful color. Hopefully she doesn't lose it all.
It was nice to read your story. It sounds like everything went as it should. I would have cried too, so don't worry. You both look like AMAZING parents! Congratulations! Braden loves looking at the pictures.
I can't believe the red hair, and a ton of it to boot! She is absolutely darling - I think that she already fits her name perfectly! I really enjoy hearing the baby story because every persons experience is so different. I am glad every thing went well and you are looking great! What a cute family you have!
Hi Sara, I've been doing a lot of research on C-section and was interested in reading your experience. If it's personal that's fine, but I do have a question. Why did they decide to do a C-section? Was the baby in harm?
Thanks,
Hillary
Doesn't sound too fun. I think I can wait. I'm glad everything's ok with you and her. She is cute!
Oh my goodness, all that hair...and RED too! She really is beautiful! Good job! Congratulations...we love you guys!
Oh, I see. Well I'm glad that you and the baby are healthy and fine, and you both look great!
How did I miss that all of that hair was red??? She looks so big already! Sara, are you sure she doesn't have your eyes? I can see you in her too.
Sara! Your baby is adorable! I'm so happy for you that everything worked out ok. We finally have a blog so check it out. It's mtivers.blogspot.com
Keep in touch!
Yeah, that red hair-where did it come from? SO cute though! Can't wait to meet her in December! You ARE coming home for Christmas right? Please say yes!!!
YIKES, I'm so scared about labor! Have been since watching "The Miracle of Life" in high school. But Roxie sure is a beautiful baby! So happy for you!
Post a Comment