Roxie is still getting over her jaundice, but doing much better. I think that was the worst thing, having to see her get her little foot pricked, they had to test her 4 different times. I hated it, probably more than her. Her jaundice made her so sleepy that is was hard for her to eat. And even more frustrating for me. So now that she's getting over it she's been eating better, and sleeping better I feel like we can start to get into a little routine. We'll see how that goes right?.... We gave Roxie her first real bath and she loved it, she didn't even cry. We discovered that Roxie's favorite part of the bath is having her hair washed, she just sits there like its the best thing thats ever happened to her. It's super cute.
Overall we are still adjusting to being parents and trying to take naps whenever we can. I'm also feeling better everyday, its nice to be able to get up off the couch or out of bed by myself now. Well I know this post was overdue and now it's really long but thats what's been going on in our house. And thanks for everyones comments, we think she's pretty cute too:)
August 16, 2008
Roxie Rundown...
So since I've been recovering from my C-section, Brandon has been doing all the postings. I thought I would give you a rundown of whats been going on since Roxie came home with us.
My parents were able to come out and see us, and boy was I glad they were here. My Mom got in the night that we came home, she cooked, cleaned, did laundry, and whenever I needed help with Roxie she was right there with open arms. :) We had a rough couple of nights when Roxie wasn't eating well, and she kept me going by telling me I was doing great and that the first week would be the hardest. Which turned out to be true. She was definetly my rock. My Dad came out on Wednesday the 13th, he's been so helpful as well. When Roxie has her little fits he can calm her down by talking and singing to her, she sure loves Grandpa. It's going to be even harder to be away from family now, we already miss them. Thanks for all your help, we love you!!


Roxie has her Dad wrapped around her little finger. Speaking of fingers, Roxie got the Stevenson 'crooked pinky', most the grandkids on Brandon's side have it. Just about everything about Roxie is from her Dad. I can't see me anywhere in her, but she's still the cutest so whatever. When she cries he's usually the first one jumping up to go get her. He's also the best swaddler in the house and she loves to be bundled up tight. She looks so cute like that and we call her the little burrito. Brandon has been helping my Mom get things done around the house and always making sure Roxie and I are taken care of. He's probably the cutest Dad in the whole world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Glad for the update, and always SUPER glad to see pix of your gorgeous little lady! She really is so precious! I'm sure you're such a good momma!
I was just telling Tim today that I wish you would post more pictures of Roxie, so yay!! She is soo cute and changing so much already! I am glad to see that you are putting that boppy to good use :) And it's good to hear that you are feeling better Sar! Do you when when you are coming home for the holidays yet? I am dying for Talia and Roxie to meet each other!! I just know they could be the best of friends of only you lived closer! :)
Sara! she really is so cute! Fun to hear how things are going, mostly glad to hear mom and babe are healthy :) funny about the crooked pinky...Zach has one too and I was just wondering the other day it it was genetic...I guess now I know! ha!
Sara, I bet as Roxie gets a little bit bigger and grows that you will see more of your qualities in her! She is so adorable!
Why do little girls always look like their daddies? We spend all that time growing them!
She is super cute! I am loving the pictures. I think the little black and white pictures of the hands and feet. I am glad that you are feeling better and you look great and so happy!
Hey! We call Sadie a "burrito" too. Swaddling is seriously the best thing ever. :)
how fun to have your parents there to visit! i bet they loved seeing you guys and having a new grandbaby! i'm glad to hear you're recovering from the c-section...you are one tough mama! roxie is adorable--that's so funny she loves her hair to be washed...maybe that's what she got from you...the hair loving gene :)
She is BEAUTIFUL! I love all the pictures!! That is so fun your parents came out. I bet they had so much fun. Hang in there, it really does get easier.
I'm glad it's getting better. I remember the first 2 weeks being the hardest. It just keeps getting better. Kade loved to get his hair washed too, he always had this look of relaxation! She really is a cutie!
she is a doll. cant wait to see her
Cute cute cute! You have such a good attitude Sara, I hope I can be anything like you when I'm sleep deprived and sore and zombie-like in a few months... And if Brandon is really that helpful maybe he can drop a few hints for Tony ;) See you tomorrow!!
Hey girl! I made my blog private today...I sent you an invite to your sarajensen2006 address...I hope that works! If you want me to send it to another, log in under this one and then leave a comment with another address and I'll take care of it. LOVES!
Congrats Sara! That is fun to have a little baby in your house. She is such a doll! Good luck with everything, I'm sure you're a great mom.
Sara, Roxie is darling. Wish we could see her in person!! I'd love to smooch those cute cheeks. You look great! Take care of yourself.
She is so cute! Why aren't there more pics. I am sure having your parents there has been so nice.
I won't lie, all this baby talk is making me baby hungry. :-)
Post a Comment