September 29, 2008

The big 26, BFF Jen, & Smiles

Happy Birthday Brandon! Ok he turned 26 last week but it took me this long to put up some pictures. We had a good night we invited some friends over and had homemade Cafe Rio and Birthday cake-note to self, don't try to decorate a cake with cream cheese frosting-but it tasted delicious anyway.

*The Birthday Boy*
Then on Friday night one of my very best friends Jen came to visit us all the way from Utah. We had a great time hanging out, eating, shopping, finally getting our hair colored, eating, and playing with Roxie. Jen is one of those friends who would do anything for me and I miss hanging out with her so much. My favorite thing is when we quote movies to each other...it never gets old especially because we like all the same movies.
*Jen, Roxie, and me*
Roxie has been smiling so much more lately and she loves to smile at Brandon...I think she gets sick of hearing me all day. So as soon as Brandon comes home she's all smiles. She also loves to try and talk to you by making funny noises.

*Melts my heart everytime...*

8 comments:

Andrea said...

aww...roxie's smile is so sweet! how fun that she is smiling...and so cute that she smiles at her dad!

that's so nice of jen to visit--sounds like you guys had fun!

happy birthday brandon :) the cake looked great...cream cheese frosting is the best anyway. remember the time we made valentine cookies (but we didn't have a heart cutter and cami wouldn't share so we had to use a circle) and we made a ton of cream cheese frosting and ate it on EVERYTHING for like a week?

Steph said...

Love the smiles -- how precious..i know it melts my heart too! I was happy to get to see you and hang out last weekend -- not sure what we are doing this weekend, but i will let you know as soon as i find out about chip's work schedule again (he is once again busy and working some on the weekends - blah)

Unknown said...

She is so cute and still has so much hair! You'll be able to do so many fun things with it later on. That's great you can stay home with her, too.

the ginabean said...

Roxie is so cute I could just die.

This is all.

Jamie said...

i can't get over that red hair. SHe's smiling already? Logan only smiles when he's sleeping. Probably gas smiles.

Kelly A. said...

I LOVE that smiling picture of Roxie!! Soooo stinkin' cute!! And that hair! I know everyone always comments on it, but I just can't get over it! So fun!! And Jen looks great as always :)

Maren and Blake said...

It sounds like you have had some great visitors. I can't get enough pictures of cute little Roxie. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the red hair. Once again, who does she get that from? It will be interesting to see if it stays with her.

Ashley Thompson said...

Aw! I miss you both! :-)And Roxie is as cute as can be!