Well I better just get the bad news over with...unfortunatly we won't be able to go home for Christmas this year. Having a baby aint cheap along with our recent car troubles and Brandon having to miss too much work, we just aren't going to be able to do it. We are really sad that we won't be able to see family and friends(or meet our friend's new babies!) :(. But now that we have a little family we can start some of our own traditions, and make the best of our Christmas here in Virginia. Luckily some of our great friends in our ward will be here also, so we'll be able to get together with them.
We had a fun weekend, we went with the Roane's to pick out and cut down a Christmas tree. It was freezing this weekend, so we had to bundle Roxie super warm. She looked like a little marshmellow. We went to the same tree farm as last year, for some reason we had a much easier time picking out the tree we wanted this year than we did last year.

Getting Roxie all bundled up
Cute pregnant(4 days overdue pregnant!) Jenny, was truckin around with the rest of us. What a trooper :)
Awwww!! We found THE one.
Roxie and me, we were freezing! Hurry up and cut it down Dad!
Muscle man Brandon, ta-DA we have our Christmas tree.
I will post pictures of our decorated tree later, Roxie LOVES to look at the twinkling lights. I love the Holiday season.
9 comments:
Ok I know I already told you on facebook that you will be GREATLY missed, but after you said that you cried about not coming home for like a whole day I just had to send you another love note...so love ya! :)
i am sad for you to not go home to, but it will be kind of nice to just be with your little family....and i look forward to seein you on the 23rd, if that is still ok...let me know.......maybe we can do new years...oh, and call me today - want to do playdate this week?
isn't money the worst? well, if you have lots it's not too bad...
babies really aren't cheap and car problems...uggg!
i'm sorry you aren't going to be able to go home for christmas but it will be fun to start some of your own traditions!
your tree does look so cute--i can't wait to see it decorated! i love the picture of you two freezing gals
You don't know how sad I am that Braden can't meet cute little Roxie. I am sure he'd be all over her, so maybe it's a good thing. And you look amazing in the photos. Your face is so slim and trim, which means your body must be the same.
Make sure to show us the 'after' of decorating the tree.
WHAT!?!?! I'm so sad!!
How adorable is she?! Oh my goodness, she just keeps getting cuter! Your tree looks perfect as well! I can't wait to see where you put it since your monster sectional decided to take up all the extra room that you thought you had. We will miss you, but we love you!
We're bummed that we won't get to see you. Have fun in Virginia. I can't wait to see what traditions you start.
I got on blogger with Rachel on my lap and she started saying "oxie, oxie" (sometimes she does even if there is no Roxie around), so I went to your blog and we watched the little laughing video. She stared smiling at it the whole time. Afterward she pointed and said "oxie, oxie!"
Sara,
Cameron & I totally know what it's like to go on vacation and not get any paid time off! It's fun to be on the vacation, but it ends up costing you a lot more when you consider all the money you lost in not working.
We will be spending Christmas on our own too, so we will think about you and this will be a good experience doing our own family thing, you know?
Post a Comment